Thursday, November 17, 2005

I would like to have a holiday gathering


I want to have a Holiday Party (which will be themed to Christmas but is really just an excuse to play games, drink different drinks, bake cookies, wear holiday gear and spread holiday cheer).

Reasons for this decision include:
1) Our house is so cute and it will be decorated so someone should see it.
2) Suzanna can feel at home when we play a YANKEE gift swap. (yes Suzanna, I just called you a Yankee. I'm so awesome)
3) Bailey's in Coffee is my favorite drink
4) It would be nice to get together when out of towners are in town
5) I also like Hot Apple Cider
6) Holiday food is fun to make and eat
7) Our neighbors have so many parties, we look like losers.
8) I own "Elf" and Bart has not seen it yet.
9) E-Vite is Awesome
10) I need to wear that Holiday Sweater I got for Christmas last year.

So here is the thing. A date. Not like "who are you bringing" date...more like "when should we do this when most people are in town" date. I believe the weekend of the 17th to be too early for out of towners to be here (Will, Sarah, Jim, Heidi, Justin). But would in-towners be out of town on Friday the 23rd? Maybe we'll just make it on the 10th and whoever can make it - makes it.

Comment suggestions on a date.

Seriously - a date suggestion please. Get your input in so you can make this festive, classy occasion.

4 Comments:

Blogger cassi said...

i say somewhere between the 19th & 22nd - so you get those coming into town, and those before they leave town. i'll be there. with bells on. holiday bells.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I'll be coming into town the night of the 22nd thru the 2nd... so anywhwere inbetween works :-)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

love the sandman! Although he looks a little hot out there in that scarf.
How about a day or two after Christmas? How long are people staying in town?
Otherwise I would vote for the 17th-20th, since we'll be gone to Indy after that, but I know a lot of people won't be in town yet then.

11:10 AM  
Blogger jelena said...

ree is me!!!!

ditto with cassi. the 18th weekend bad for me. anything after that good. :)

and i love apple cider. starbucks has even had me in 4 times in the last 2 weeks for the caramel apple cider and i'm not 'bucks fan...

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home